Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A very Merry Christmas!

I am still all aglow from our wonderful Christmas celebration. Keenan, Sara, Ari, and Keira came in on Dec. 23 after a long trip on icy roads. On Christmas Eve, Chuck and I drove to Hutchinson to pick up my two aunts, Iris and Thekla so they could celebrate with us. It was iffy at first because we awoke to icy roads, but the sun soon melted the ice and we made the trip without problem. It was a blessing having them here with us and I think they also enjoyed being around family, especially the little ones. Kelsey, Brent, and Charis joined us for beef stroganoff and then we went to a Christmas Eve service. After church, Ari and Charis opened their stockings and then went to bed. Christmas morning, Keenan brought an excited Ari upstairs. He chattered non-stop. Even at his young age, he could sense it was a special day. He greeted his great aunties and we all had a yummy breakfast of scones that Kelsey had made. It was great fun watching the toddlers open presents. They like presents! They are still asking for more presents. After our turkey dinner, Chuck and I drove the aunties back home. On Friday, the greater Roach clan came over for pot luck and conversation and fun. Usually potlucks work themselves out but this time we basically had meats and sweets. Oh well. It was good seeing everyone. The weather was so nice that evening that most of us sat out on the deck. Ari and Charis had a tea party, the tea being water that ended up everywhere. I wish we had a movie of the two of them dining and chatting and laughing at their own little table. What a riot!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!


 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting pics, I don't think I will on my blog this time around.