Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baila!

Our dance studio hosts a mini production on the third Saturday of each month to give students a chance to show off what they have learned and to gain experience dancing in front of people in ridiculous costumes. Bailas are a lot of fun and the audience is generally forgiving. I did two dances in March, a veil dance with a green veil that kept slipping down. Fortunately the camera caught me in a good moment. I was actually smiling and it looks like I know what I'm doing. The other dance also has a veil but it is black and heavy and has it's own name, malaya lef. I like this dance and in this picture, Angie and I are synchronized. That doesn't always happen.

 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY PRETTY MAMA!!!!

dbilberry said...

Looks fun! What cool costumes.

Yia Yia said...

Thank you!