Sunday, December 18, 2011

Toilet paper

My friend Shana has started a blog with a bang and much enthusiasm so I thought I'd blow the dust off of mine and crank it up again. It's one week until Christmas. My last blog was in the heat of summer and now it's sweater weather. Woot! Is it just me, or have the past three months just whizzed by in a blur? Seems like yesterday I was tossing out the rotting pumpkin. Someone has made the observation that life is like a roll of toilet paper. It goes slowly at the start and then, zip, you find yourself clinging with that bit of glue to the cardboard tube. Not that much paper left on my roll. Sigh.

Ok! That was a cheery bit of insight. On to happier things. One of my granddaughters has a birthday tomorrow. She will be five. Grandchildren are the sweet reward for nearing the end of the roll. I'm going to hang on as long as I can.

4 comments:

dbilberry said...

I have a feeling you have got plenty of paper left on your roll.

Unknown said...

You just hope there are more rolls waiting the in cupboard!

Yia Yia said...

HA!! Thanks, Darci! And yes, Kelsey, I'm pretty anal (pardon the expression) about having plenty of tp on hand.

Fearless Farm Frau said...

you've got more than plenty of paper on your roll. Just don't fall in the poop! :D Thanks for the creds, and you're welcome out here in the boonies any time!!