Sunday, August 30, 2009

Car show and other happenings

 
 
 
My blog has been neglected since I opened my facebook page a month ago. It is quick and easy and seductive, but I am having problems loading pics.

So, here we are, August 30th, already. Yesterday, Chuck and I rode the Speedster to Cheney, KS for a car show, part of a celebration of the town being 125 years old. Hank was the organizer of the show. Hank owns a microbrewry called Hank Wiser Brewry. It is a fine establishment and we sampled a couple of his brews. One was a special anniversary beer and the other was a Canadian type brew he named, Eh. Both were smooth and tasty. This was the first car show for this event and 150 cars showed up, much more than they expected. Shown above are three of our favorite entries. A Lotus, a Chevy pickup that I fell in love with, and a Hudson. We sat next to a crusty old dude with a 55 Chevy named Roxanne. He said Roxanne was a whore because she got everything she wanted. Is that the way it is with whores? I didn't know.

Our weather has been most unusual for August in Kansas. We actually sought out the sun yesterday because we were chilly. Today is even cooler. So nice! The plan today is the Wichita Flight Festival at Jabara Airport where we will watch a parade and an air show. Kelsey and Charis are going with us, or rather, we will ride with them in the big van.

In a few days we are going camping and hiking and sight seeing in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The Grays will be joining us as well as my cousin Sharon and her daughter, Autumn, both of Minnesota. I need to get serious about getting my gear in order!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, the weather is sweeeeet!!! I want to go guzzle an Eh sometime after December.

Roach Momma said...

All of it sounds wonderful - the car show and the weather! Soak some in for us! :)