Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cold winter morning

The cold snap is coming to an end. I hope. Although it has been more of a grind than a snap, lasting way too many days. I am sitting here dressed and ready to go to church. My plan was to try out the Sunday school for the first time, but our cars did not cooperate. My car, good ol' Cosmo, just wouldn't start at all. There is some kind of energy leak and if Chuck remembers to charge it overnight, it's fine. So, I got into Chuck's really dirty Jetta. It started all right but when I went to adjust the seat, it wouldn't lock. Chuck came out and he couldn't get it to lock down either. First time for that! Well, I couldn't very well drive with a seat sliding back and forth so I came in to wait while my battery charges and will just go to the church service.

Brent and Kelsey and the kids are in Garden City for the weekend and Roscoe has come to our house for a visit. He has been the model kitty. He doesn't whine or beg, just sits quietly in the kitchen until I come in and rub his head. He has had a diarrhea problem for a while now and his behavior has been off. Perhaps there have been too many changes in his little furry life. He lost his best friend, Obi. His best person for cuddles is busy with a toddler and now a new baby. He refuses to use his litter box in the house so he has had to stay out doors much of the time. He will only stay in the kitchen at their house. Here, he does use the litter box and I have been giving him lots of attention. He does stay in the kitchen when he isn't eating or outside but otherwise he seems pretty normal. I don't have to worry about him tripping me up on the stairs because he doesn't go downstairs. I hope he is ok. He looks good and is eating and drinking.

2 comments:

Doug Duncan said...

I think what happened is that Wichita was approaching absolute zero. Everything stops working then including VW's. You should cut your losses and move to Texas. People still bitch about the weather here, but they don't know what real cold is.

Yia Yia said...

Don't think we haven't considered that option. I don't know how Sharon stands living in MN. Brrrr! It has warmed up here, finally.