Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun weekend!

I wish I had a picture for this post but I am not in the habit of taking my camera everywhere I go and if I do, I forget to use it. So, you will have to be content with word pictures. Kelsey, Charis, and I were on our way to the mall on Saturday, when out of the recesses of my brain, I remembered hearing about an open house hullabaloo going on at the new Riverwalk condos, downtown on the river (where else?). So we headed there instead. it didn't start until 1 o'clock so having some time to kill, we went to Cero's chocolate shop and the Spice Merchant, both fun places. At the condos, we saw three units ranging in size from about 1300 sq. ft. to over 5000 sq.ft. and prices starting at $216,500 to over $777,500. Wow! They were fabulous and, of course, we could see ourselves living there. They all had at least one balcony overlooking the riverwalk area (what there is of it and you can actually see the river) and lots of storage and big open spaces. The middle range unit would be ideal for Chuck's painting and for dance parties. On the seventh floor is an owner's lounge and a local disc jockey was broadcasting there about the open house. We talked with him for a while about toddler's (he is the father of one). A while later we discovered that Charis' beloved Pooh Bear was missing so we had to back track to find him waiting for us in the lounge, obviously having a great time. Naughty bear! We left before the mayor showed up for the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Sunday was a good day too. Chuck took photos of the Gray family at Botanica for their Christmas cards. The rest of the day was lazy and relaxed at home. Ah! This morning I realized we had completely forgotten to go to the symphony Sunday afternoon. Oops!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These condos were so sweet. We agreed that if we had one million dollars, we'd just move in, the Roaches and Grays together, in the 5,000 sq foot condo/penthouse. The decks were big enough to substitute as a backyard for a swing set. It was a fun day.