Monday, October 13, 2008

second ever blogpost

The hardest part of this blogging is finding the time to sit down and do it! Last time I attmepted to post some pictures of our camping trip but perhaps I got too ambitious because the system seemed to bog down. I'll try just a couple this time.

Next weekend, my son, Keenan, his wife, Sara, and their two children, (my grandchildren!) Ari and Keira, are coming for a visit. Sara is an expert blogger, as is my daughter, so hopefully I can get some helpful suggestions.

The guestrooms are ready and now I am tidying up the rest of the house and planning on what foods to cook up. Friday we will be celebrating three birthdays. Ari's was on September 20th but we were not able to be there for his party so he will be feted belatedly. Sara's birthday is (oh my gosh) tomorrow, the 14th. Happy Birthday, Sara! Keenan's is the 22nd. His sister, Kelsey, is making a scrumptious carrot cake and Chuck and I are making one of our favorite dishes. We call it Senor Frog. Don't worry, there is no frog. We ate at such a place in Mexico and came up with our own version of this chicken dish.

Saturday, my very talented children will be performing in a dance show at a studio where I take classes and Kelsey teaches. Kelsey choreographed a dance ala Isadora Duncan and Keenan will accompany her on his guitar to a Mason Williams song, Classical Gas. We are looking forward to having a fun weekend with our much loved family.

No comments: