Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My first ever blog

Okay, I have put this off long enough. Long enough to come under suspicion from the blogspot folks. I decided to open a blog one night but then didn't want to mess with it. Then things got busy so some time went by. Guess I should have acted sooner. I want to be able to get pics up let whomever wishes, know what is going on at Yia Yia's house. I am Yia Yia, a.k.a. Sally Roach, or Mom. I am married to Chuck, a most awesome man. I have two grown children, Keenan and Kelsey, and three amazing grandchildren. My main hobby these days is dancing. It's never too late to start! I mostly do Middle Eastern type dances but also gypsy fusion and ballet, taught by my daughter. Chuck and I used to ballroom dance but that has fallen by the wayside. Hopefully we can do that again. Together, we amuse ourselves with many home improvement projects, having recently finished two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a guest suite downstairs. The next thing to do is the living room in the lower level (sounds better than basement) We will maintain the cosy corner with the fireplace, sofa, and telly, but the rest will become an arts and craft corner. Chuck is seriously into oil painting and I sew (mostly costumes for dance) and do other crafty things.

Enough of this for now. Time for some house-wifely type duties.

2 comments:

Roach Momma said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! :)

Yia Yia said...

Woo Hoo!! I got my first comment. Maybe you can show me some things when you get here.